I know it has been awhile since my last post, but with the holiday season it is hard to find the time to write. For Christmas weekend, I was in St. Louis with Andy's family. Here, in no particular order, is a list of 10 delicious things I ate while in Missouri.
1. Ted Drewesc Frozen Custard (this one is in order because frozen custard is my favorite thing about St. Louis).
I had the Dutchman Concrete: a blended mix of vanilla frozen custard, pecans, butterscotch, and chocolate.
2. An array of homemade cookies and peanut brittle made by Andy's mom
3. Sushi from Sansui, where the highlights of the lunch meal included a shrimp and cucumber salad and very fresh and large pieces of salmon sushi with lemon slices.
4. A turkey burger with steamed broccoli from McGurk's washed down with a Schlafly Brewery Hefeweizen.
5. Cheese manicotti drenched in the best homemade tomato sauce I've had in a long time, compliment of Andy's Aunt.
6. A tuna salad sandwich and cup of vegetarian black bean soup from Panera, which originated as the St. Louis Bread Company.
7. Overnight French toast drenched in real maple syrup.
8. Warm cripsy fries and a cookies and cream milkshake from Steak n Shake.
9. Homemade pumpkin pie bursting with pumpkin flavor that was not drowned out by other ingredients.
10. Leftover cold pizza from Imo's, the original St. Louis style pizza. Delicious cold (I also had a microwaved slice), so I can't even imagine how great it tastes fresh from the oven!
That was my food tour of St. Louis. What were some of your favorite holiday eats?